Tuesday, 17 November 2015

The Life That Didn't Happen

What I miss most is the life that didn’t happen. Is that the same for everyone?
There was a short moment, a long time ago, when I realised I’d landed exactly where I had always wanted to be.
Everything was in place; from now on the trip would be pretty straightforward.
The family, the children, the home, the career, the fun, the hugs, the laughs; it felt like things were going to be plain sailing.
Dreams do come true.
And then it didn't quite happen. It just didn’t come off.
And for what seems like forever now I’ve felt like I'm the guy who found the key to the locker of happiness, only to find that the key wouldn’t turn and the locker remained unopened.
I know what was inside the locker, it’s just that I never got to open the door and let it all fly out, never felt it rush over us, spray its joy in our faces and feel its wind in our hair.
......But somewhere, the key did turn and happiness did happen. Somewhere, in another place, a parallel place, maybe I am happy.  

       

No comments :

Post a Comment