1. Why turn the central heating off
at night, when the temperature drops; only to turn it on again in the morning
when the temperature rises? I like to follow Mrs Thatcher’s sage advice; “if
you want to get work done, stay a little cold and a little hungry”; but at
night please give me a warm bed in a warm room and a consequently cosy, deep, sleep.
2. Why do people insist on mocking the
music that brought them joy in their youth? It’s not a ‘guilty pleasure’, it’s
the stuff that has made you who you are; have confidence in it. Particularly if
it’s got a great melody, an irresistible beat and a big fat sing-along chorus.
3. The way white food, particularly rice, bread, potatoes and flour, sneak into my view & tempt me with their shallow transitory yumminess only to leave me with backache and lethargy for the next 24 hours. I need to remind myself; just forget ‘em, they only ever make you unhappy…
4. Coriander, which I’ve just discovered is known as Cliantro in the USA, possesses a taste so repugnant and foul-some that it has the ability to ruin any other food it comes into contact with. I have often been left aghast at why anyone would sprinkle this loathsome leaf on top of a wonderful curry or secretly embed it within a beautiful salad and utterly bemused why so many of my friends seem to not have a clue as to what it is that I find so offensive about this grotesque herb; however I’ve just found out. Apparently the gene OR6A2 imbues some of us with a powerful sensitivity to aldehyde chemicals and the flavour of Coriander is carried mainly by those damned aldehyde chemicals, consequently the greater our sensitivity to these chemicals the more we will be repulsed by Coriander. So I hate coriander because my OR6A2 gene is bigger and better than yours. You know it….
3. The way white food, particularly rice, bread, potatoes and flour, sneak into my view & tempt me with their shallow transitory yumminess only to leave me with backache and lethargy for the next 24 hours. I need to remind myself; just forget ‘em, they only ever make you unhappy…
4. Coriander, which I’ve just discovered is known as Cliantro in the USA, possesses a taste so repugnant and foul-some that it has the ability to ruin any other food it comes into contact with. I have often been left aghast at why anyone would sprinkle this loathsome leaf on top of a wonderful curry or secretly embed it within a beautiful salad and utterly bemused why so many of my friends seem to not have a clue as to what it is that I find so offensive about this grotesque herb; however I’ve just found out. Apparently the gene OR6A2 imbues some of us with a powerful sensitivity to aldehyde chemicals and the flavour of Coriander is carried mainly by those damned aldehyde chemicals, consequently the greater our sensitivity to these chemicals the more we will be repulsed by Coriander. So I hate coriander because my OR6A2 gene is bigger and better than yours. You know it….
No comments :
Post a Comment